Welcome to the Spring Lake School District’s Tiger Den! Available to the families of students in kindergarten through 6th grade at HW Mountz, the Tiger Den is a monthly, tuition-based program which provides childcare during the critical after-school hours. The Tigers’ Den provides supervision by responsible, attentive adults who serve as positive role models. It was developed to provide Spring Lake students entering kindergarten through grade 6 a safe environment that fosters mutual respect and offers a variety of developmentally appropriate choices and interest driven activities. The
Tiger Den also provides an environment for students to work on homework as well as long-term projects when applicable. As well, after-school sporting events may be supported.
All records and information concerning a child and his/her family are to be kept confidential. Information can only be released upon written consent from the parent/guardian. Please respect our children, families and staff by refraining from discussing sensitive and confidential information.
The Tiger Den is an equal opportunity provider. Applications for enrollment are accepted without regard to race, religion, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, political beliefs, family status or national origin. The program will attempt to make reasonable accommodations for students with special needs. It is helpful for the staff to be aware of children whose medical, physical, learning, or social disabilities require special consideration. Upon registration, families are asked to provide information regarding any special needs that the child may have. Final approval of all accommodations will be made in coordination with the Director of Special Services.
- In order for a student to begin the Tiger Den on the first day of school, registration must be completed and received byMonday August 26,2019.
- The Tiger Den accepts students anytime throughout the school year. However, the program requires three full business days to process the registration form before a student can participate in the program.
- Students must be attending HW Mountz School in order to be eligible to participate in the Tiger Den
- All required forms must be completed and returned prior to participation in the program.
- Tuition fees are monthly-based and will NOT be prorated for absences, holidays, planned vacations, emergency closings, or enrichment.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the Tigers’ Den staff if their child will be absent from the program on any given day. Please email us at email@example.com and/or call (848)303-3241 to report your child absent.
- Please note: A nurse is not available during the afternoon programs. Staff members cannot administer medication.
- Parents must inform the Tiger Den if their child has allergies or special needs, as required on the emergency form.
All Tiger’s Den program staff member are CPR & First Aid certified. EpiPens will only be administered by a Tiger Den staff member, during exceptional circumstances, such as when a child’s health may be in jeopardy without it. Written documentation must be provided to the Tiger Den Supervisor indicating your child’s allergy and permission to administer a dosage of EpiPen, if medically necessary.
There will be no access to Nurse’s Office after hours. The Tiger’s Den will have constant access to first-aid kits and an AED. Tiger’s Den staff members will not administer any medications to your children.
In case of emergency, Spring Lake Police will be notified through 911. Then, the coordinator will contact person(s) on the emergency contact form. In the event that a child needs to be transported to the emergency room, the supervisor will escort the emergency room personnel until the parent/guardian arrives at the emergency room.
If your child shows signs of illness while at the program, you or a person on the emergency form will be contacted. If children are ill during the school day, and the school nurse recommends they be picked up from school, the child may not attend The Tiger’s Den program.
3:00-3:10 - Check-In and Attendance
When your child arrives in the meeting place, they will check in with the staff member in charge. They will then have time to have a snack and relax. Please send an extra snack on the days your child(ren) attend The Tiger’s Den.
3:00-4:00 Once again we will be offering a variety of different enrichment programs. As a member of Tiger Den, your child(ren) will be included in all of the activities of their choosing.
During this time, there will be various activities. Any technology usage must follow the district guidelines, as stated in the Parent-Student Handbook. Homework will be done either prior to the activity or after completion of the enrichment.
During this time, there will be various activities. Any technology usage must follow the district guidelines, as stated in the Parent-Student Handbook.
If a behavioral problem arises, the following steps will be instituted:
- First: Verbal Warning/Conference with Student(s)
- Second: Removal from activity
- Third: Meeting with parent, child, and coordinator
- Fourth: Dismissal meeting with parent, supervisor and H.W. Mountz Superintendent
Please label all coats, lunch boxes, backpacks, etc. Children are responsible for their own articles. We discourage bringing in personal items not required for school.Spring Lake Public Schools cannot be held responsible for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
Program ends promptly at 6:00 PM each afternoon. On your child’s registration form, please provide the full names of all persons to whom we may release your child to. Children will not be released to anyone whose name does not appear on the emergency contact list without prior notice from parent/guardian. Please note: Children are NOT permitted to leave the program unescorted. Upon release of child, parent/guardian must sign the pick-up log.
Late Pick-up Fee
You will be responsible for any late fees accrued as per contract. Any late fees incurred will be added to the next billing cycle.
Families will be notified in the event of an emergency closing. If school is closed, then The Tiger’s Den is closed as well.
2018-2019 Financial Information
- There is a one time, non-refundable registration fee of $35 per family. Application materials and registration fee must be submitted before the first day of the month upon a child’s entry to the program.
Monthly Program Fees Per Child
(Costs have been restructured at $8.00 per hour based on interest commitments. If more students sign up, cost per hour may be reduced.)
Days per week
3 Hours per day
2 Hours per day
1 Hours per day
5 days a week
4 days a week
3 days a week
2 days a week
1 day a week
- Monthly fees must be paid by the 1st of the month and are non-refundable as the monthly program will be established for the number of students enrolled by the 1st of the month. All checks should be made payable to: “Spring Lake Board of Education” - Notification - “Tiger Den Aftercare Program”
- Additional drop in day fee for registered students will be an additional fee $25 for each drop in day. Students must bring their own lunch and snacks on half days.
- The program will be offered on half school days for an additional fee of $25.
- For late student pick up after 6:00 PM, a late fee of $15 will be charged for each increment of 15 minutes and will be assessed and separately billed. Failure to pay late pick-up fees may result in loss of program services starting the following month. Continual late pick up may also result in loss of program services starting the following month.