Readers Build Good Habits
* Use Fix- up Strategies - when they don't comprehend at first, including:
* Make Connections They use prior knowledge and relate information to what they already know.
Text-to-self (relate to their own experiences)
Text-to-text (relate to other things they've read)
Text-to-world (relate to other things they know about the world)
* Focus on the most important ideas.
* Ask questions as they read.
* Visualize and make auditory and other sensory connections.
* Make inferences, including predictions and conclusions.
* Retell or sum up what they've read.