H. W. Mountz Elementary School
Grades Kindergarten through 5 Enrollment Information
Guidelines and Procedures:
In order to register, children must be five years of age on or before October 31st.
All new registrations must include:
o Mountz Student Registration Form, including:
o Form completed in its entirety
o Proof of Residency
o Birth Certificate
- Registration Statement form, signed and dated
o Mountz Student Physical Exam form, including:
o Form completed in its entirely
o Up to date record of immunization.
o If a kindergarten student is transferring from another school, you must also fill out a Release of Records form.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Items for proof of residency include a deed, lease or a contract of sale. In addition, parents must also present two additional documents that show the home address. Acceptable documents include utility bills, voter registration card, recent tax bill, current driver’s license, and/or major credit card bills that show the home address.
IMMUNIZATION RECORDS & EXAMINATION
The immunization record from a doctor or clinic must include documentation of the following:
- DPT (four doses, with one dose given on or after the fourth birthday, or any five doses)
- Polio (three doses, with one dose given on or after the fourth birthday, or any four doses)
- Measles, mumps and rubella (two doses)
- Hepatitis B (three doses)
- Varicella vaccine (one dose prior to beginning school if the child was born on or after January 1, 1998, or proof, with a doctor’s note, that the child had the disease)
- Physical examination performed by a medical doctor within one year prior to the first day of school
- Mantoux test (recommended)
Contact our School Nurse for any questions regarding age-related immunization requirements.
Children who do not meet these health requirements before the beginning of school in September will be excluded from class until immunizations are complete.
Children do not need to be present during registration.click here for Enrollment Informationclick here for Student Registration Formclick here for Registration Statement formclick here for Physical Examination/Health History Formclick here for Release of Student Records Form