DAILY HEALTH CHECKS MUST BE DONE-
MAKE EVERY EFFORT EITHER PRESENT OR ABSENT
STAGE 2 SCHOOL ABSENCE
Please remember to call in to the Absentee line Ext 418 or the Health Office Ext 419. This is very important for all to do. A phone call will be noted as usual, and I will give you a call back as soon as the message on the 418 line is recieved.
Readmission to School After an Absence
1. A student who has been absent by reason of having or being suspected of having a communicable disease (Including COVID LIKE ILLNESS/SYMPTOMS) must present to the school nurse written evidence of being free of communicable disease, in accordance with Policy 8451.
2. A student returning from an absence of any length of time must provide a written statement that is dated and signed by the parent or adult student listing the reason for the absence.
3. A note explaining a student’s absence for a noncommunicable illness for a period of more than three school days must be accompanied by a physician's statement of the student’s illness with medical clearance to return to school.
General Guidelines for the Control of Outbreaks in School and Child Care Settings School Exclusion List-NJ Department of Health
Please notify the school if your child has been Diagnosised with a communicable disease. The following are guidelines for readmission:
- Acute Respiratory Illness (ARI) -Fever, Nasal Congestion, Runny Nose, Cough with absence of a known cause (E.g.,Seasonal Allergies) ~ Exclude till fever free 24 HOURS WITHOUT fever reducing medication~Free of Symptoms~ (COVID LIKE ILLNESS/SYMPTOMS)
- Conjunctivitis- PURULENT (pink eye) - Pink or Red conjunctivae with white of yellow discharge, often matted eyelids after sleep and EYE PAIN or redness of the eyelids or skin surrounding the eye ~Exclude until examined by a medical provider and approved for return with a doctor’s note.
- E. COLI-Shinga toxin producing E.Coli- Nausea, Vomiting, Bloody Diarrhea, abdominal cramps. ~EXCLUDE till Symptom FREE~
- VARICELLA-Slight fever with eruptions which become vesicular ~EXCLUDE till all lesions hve dried and crusted over usually 6 days after ONSET of RASH
- Impetigo-Small, red pimples pr fliud-filled blisters with crusted yellow scabs ~EXCLUDE from school. May return with a doctor’s note after treatment is begun. Area must be dry and covered in school.
- Pediculosis (head lice) - when student has had one shampoo containing pediculocide and is nit free.
- Tinea Corporis/Capitis (Ringworm) - Circular well demarcated lesion that can involve the Scalp, Face, Scalp, or Limps ~EXCLUDE at the end of school day, may return after treatment has begun, with a doctor’s note. Area must be dry and covered when in school.
- Streptococcal Pharyngitis (Strep Throat) -Fever, Sore Throat, Exudative tonsillitis or pharyngitis, enlarged Lymph nodes. ~EXCLUDE may return after student has been on an antibiotic a minimum of 24 hours and presents a doctor’s note.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have- I am here to help!
~ Nurse Koch