-DAILY HEALTH CHECKS MUST BE DONE-
MAKE EVERY EFFORT EITHER PRESENT OR ABSENT
Please remember to call in to the Absentee line Ext 418 or the Health Office Ext 419. This is very important for all to do. A phone call will be noted as usual, and I will give you a call back as soon as the message on the 418 line is recieved.
Readmission to School After an Absence
1. A student who has been absent by reason of having or being suspected of having a communicable disease (Including COVID LIKE ILLNESS/SYMPTOMS) must present to the school nurse written evidence of being free of communicable disease, in accordance with Policy 8451.
2. A student returning from an absence of any length of time must provide a written statement that is dated and signed by the parent or adult student listing the reason for the absence.
3. A note explaining a student’s absence for a noncommunicable illness for a period of more than three school days must be accompanied by a physician's statement of the student’s illness with medical clearance to return to school.
General Guidelines for the Control of Outbreaks in School and Child Care Settings School Exclusion List-NJ Department of Health
Please notify the school if your child has been Diagnosised with a communicable disease. The following are guidelines for readmission:
- Acute Respiratory Illness (ARI) -Fever, Nasal Congestion, Runny Nose, Cough with absence of a known cause (E.g.,Seasonal Allergies) ~ Exclude till fever free 24 HOURS WITHOUT fever reducing medication~Free of Symptoms~ (COVID LIKE ILLNESS/SYMPTOMS)
- Conjunctivitis- PURULENT (pink eye) - Pink or Red conjunctivae with white of yellow discharge, often matted eyelids after sleep and EYE PAIN or redness of the eyelids or skin surrounding the eye ~Exclude until examined by a medical provider and approved for return with a doctor’s note.
- E. COLI-Shinga toxin producing E.Coli- Nausea, Vomiting, Bloody Diarrhea, abdominal cramps. ~EXCLUDE till Symptom FREE~
- VARICELLA-Slight fever with eruptions which become vesicular ~EXCLUDE till all lesions hve dried and crusted over usually 6 days after ONSET of RASH
- Impetigo-Small, red pimples pr fliud-filled blisters with crusted yellow scabs ~EXCLUDE from school. May return with a doctor’s note after treatment is begun. Area must be dry and covered in school.
- Pediculosis (head lice) - when student has had one shampoo containing pediculocide and is nit free.
- Tinea Corporis/Capitis (Ringworm) - Circular well demarcated lesion that can involve the Scalp, Face, Scalp, or Limps ~EXCLUDE at the end of school day, may return after treatment has begun, with a doctor’s note. Area must be dry and covered when in school.
- Streptococcal Pharyngitis (Strep Throat) -Fever, Sore Throat, Exudative tonsillitis or pharyngitis, enlarged Lymph nodes. ~EXCLUDE may return after student has been on an antibiotic a minimum of 24 hours and presents a doctor’s note.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have- I am here to help!
~ Nurse Koch